Pages



Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Return of the Sewing Bee

Ooh! It's incredibly exciting! The Great British Sewing Bee returned to our screens tonight - ten sewists, eight weeks, tonnes of inspiration, tips and entertainment. I looked forward to it all day and I was not disappointed.
Has anyone else noticed that this year's contestants are all so NICE? Last year, most were lovely; albeit I wasn't a fan of Stuart, but he wasn't a bad person, just a little annoying. Anyway, they seem like a nice lot and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
I was also looking forward to sewing the bodice for the 1940s Tea Dress sewalong but I checked the blog HUNDREDS of times and then, when I checked after dinner at half eight, there were the instructions. I won't lie, I've not had a good evening - after my hour commute, I got home to find the dog had been sick/poohed in the kitchen (who knows which end - that dog'll eat anything) and was covered in mud from the fun he had with the dog walker earlier. So there was sick/pooh cleaning, dog walking and dog washing along with the usual evening tasks of dinner and making tomorrow's lunch. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired, a bit jaded and I don't think that makes for a good sewing mood. So the bodice can wait until tomorrow. I just hope I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment