Pages



Sunday 4 May 2014

New patterns!

Even though I'm determined to sort out my ridiculous hunchback fitting issues before I crack on with my lovely new fabric (and the stuff on my wish list...) it didn't stop me buying new patterns. On that, I'm sure I don't have a hunchback. I've asked the Mister - a lot - and although conceding that I am a bit sway backed, said I definitely do not have a hunchback. He REALLY knows how to woo a girl. Oh, and now he's got me joining in with his stretch routine every morning and evening. For some reason he was surprised that I am not in the slightest flexible. And now I've got a bar bell complex to do and I've been sitting properly at work...
So, new body issue obsession aside, I've got some great sewing to look forward to in the coming months. You may remember this post where I lament that Sew Over It don't have all their patterns available to buy without doing the classes. Well, my nagging may have helped and Lisa Comfort has released the Betty dress pattern with promises of more to follow later in the year.

Betty Dress
 
 
Another pattern stirring up a storm in the blogosphere is the Coco by Tilly from the wonderfully named Tilly and the Buttons. What a cool name! Coco has been made by hundreds now, many have made more than one and it's easy to see that this will become a wardrobe staple for a lot of people. I'm hoping to be one of them. Look how cool Tilly's little Coco frock is?
It seems really versatile, so I'll definitely be making at least one. Just as soon as I can find time in my lunch break to visit some of the shops she recommends for knit fabric. I've never sewn with knit fabric before so I can't wait to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment